Do you enjoy walking barefoot? Have you experienced a shift in energy by doing so?
If you answered yes to those questions, chances are you already know what grounding (also called Earthing) is and have learned how to use it to reap a multitude of benefits.
But do you know when your body is calling for some grounding? Read on to learn more about the technique and how you can use crystals to enhance effects of grounding.
What Is Grounding?
Grounding is a therapeutic technique or exercise that connects you to the Earth energetically. Grounding can help clear your mind, recharge your energy, calm emotions and strengthen your intuition and instincts. Grounding allows you to balance your physical, emotional, energy, and mental states. This in turn brings feelings of peace and calm.
How Do I Know If I Need Grounding?
- You feel unfocused.
- You feel unmotivated, drained, lethargic.
- You are indecisive.
- You space out.
- You feel emotionally drained constantly.
- Your ideas aren’t being implemented.
- You’ve just conducted a healing session or meditation.
- You are feeling out of place.
- You feel like you don’t have control.
- You are feeling anxious.
- Your sleep patterns are off or you are experiencing lack of sleep.
- You are overthinking.
How Can I Use Crystals To Enhance My Grounding Experience?
Crystals can be used to assist in clearing blockages. This will help allow positive charges to flow from the Earth and into your root chakra, resulting in feeling more centered, balanced, and free from negativity. When you are grounded you are more authentically owning your own power. When choosing crystals for grounding yourself, trust your intuition, everyone has unique vibes with crystals. Each crystal will help balance or ground you in different ways, touching and assisting different parts of you.
We have compiled a list of some of our favorite crystals to help with grounding:
Shungite – Stone of Transformation and Life: Shungite is a great stone for grounding and also resonates beautifully with the root chakra. This gemstone is particularly powerful in the shape of a pyramid. Pyramids are a strong geometric shape that represents foundation, focus and stability.
Moss Agate – Stone of Gardening and Balance: Moss agate is a lovely grounding crystal that resembles a mossy lawn. With its link to nature, you couldn’t ask for a more earthy crystal to harmonize your yin yang balance. It resonates with the heart chakra, so the energy is very nurturing. However, it vibrates at a lower frequency than most heart chakra crystals, which makes it perfect for grounding. This crystal will ensure you’re well-rooted into the Earth. It’ll ground excess energy, which will calm a busy life, and boost your ability to manifest so you can reach your potential.
Petrified Wood – Stone of Transformation: Petrified wood has a strong grounding energy which links your root chakra to Earth. This crystal is particularly good for grounding the energy of change. It ensures a level of acceptance and brings patience through the process. Known as a stone of transformation, petrified wood encourages perseverance whilst you’re adapting. It‘ll support you to take a different path.
Bloodstone – Stone of Courage and Bravery: It was believed to have formed when blood from Christ fell on jasper at the foot of the cross, during His crucifixion. As it centers and grounds you, bloodstone’s strong vibrating energy helps you reach the root of a problem and move forward. This loving stone is also wonderful for overcoming relationship worries, especially when the problem stems from past life or the genetic line. Through grounding, it stimulates resilience and helps you accept the benefits of going through this difficult situation.
Red Jasper – The Supreme Nurturer and Stone of Endurance: Red jasper is a warm, gentle stone for grounding that brings strength and stamina to the fore. It’s been used as a talisman for warriors through the ages and empowers self-belief. It’ll ensure you remain ‘connected’ with the real you. Red jasper is also a stabilizer. This is important during times of stress or when you need emotional balance. Through the increased flow of chi, which is stimulated by this crystal, you’ll be able to deal with life’s challenges with renewed strength, stamina, and perseverance.
Tiger’s Eye – The Stone of Courage & Confidence: This is a powerful stone that helps you to release fear and anxiety and aids harmony and balance. It stimulates taking action, and helps you to make decisions with discernment and understanding, and unclouded by your emotions. It is grounding during chaotic situations and brings issues into perspective, especially when placed on the third eye.
How To Ground Yourself:
Grounding can be as easy as walking barefoot on the Earth. That is the original and easiest way to connect oneself.
Below is a grounding visualization exercise for you to use with your crystals.
- While holding one (or more) of your grounding crystals, stand or sit with your bare feet on the ground. Or you may place the crystal(s) around your feet.
- Close your eyes or soften your gaze.
- Take a few deep breaths and draw your focus and awareness to your feet.
- Notice how your feet feel. Are they warm or cool? Take note of the weight you push through your body onto your feet. Allow the feeling of the Earth beneath you to flood into your whole self.
- Imagine that you have roots growing down from the soles of your feet. See your roots going deep into the Earth beneath you. Imagine yourself as a tree, growing into the Earth, becoming more full and vibrant.
- When you feel comfortable with the depth of your roots, imagine now that your grounding crystal(s) are set deep down with your roots. Visualize your roots wrapping themselves around the crystal(s). This will secure you firmly to the Earth.
- Draw up energy from the depths of the Earth and from the grounding crystal(s), through your firmly planted roots.
Once you have completed this exercise, sit and meditate on your new connectedness with Earth. Take note of the vibrations in your body and how you feel after this exercise.
You have now successfully grounded yourself.